Address: Kyrkogatan 14, 91534 Ånäset
A highly individual wooden church from the early 18th century. It has a separate bell tower. Most unusually for its time, the church is built in the nave and transept style. It has been declared of national interest for its heritage values.
Forming part of the internal décor that gives a feeling of antiquity and extreme coherence, the church has several objects from the 17th and 18th centuries as well as old chandeliers and light fittings.
The church’s position on the edge of the community may now appear strange. However, in the 18th and 19th centuries, Kustlandsvägen (a through road) passed by the church. A marketplace and church buildings, pulled down between 1930 and 1940, also used to be here. The churchyard was most probably set out as early as the 1620s. Its oldest preserved grave memorials are from the 1870s. Several military titles on the gravestones witness the proximity of the exercise site at Gumboda Hed.